Relational Medicine at Work
- 2001 - First encounter between heart transplant patient Candace Moose (book author: A Grateful Heart) and heart transplant cardiologist Dr. Mario Deng at Columbia University.
- 2005 - Initiation of encounter research at Columbia University and City University of New York in New York City by Dr. Mario Deng and Dr. Federica Raia.
- 2009 - Proposal of Emotion Theatre to communicate stakeholder perspectives by Actress/Director Vanda Monaco-Westerstahl.
- 2010 - Formulation of Emotion Theatre project with Director John Henry Davis and Opera Composer Conrad Cummings.
- 2011 - Founding of Relational Medicine Foundation with Mario Deng , Federica Raia , Vanda Monaco Westerstahl , John Henry Davis and additional Founding members Candace Moose, Jim Moose, Robert Milo and Amy Milo. Emotion Theatre plays in New York City.
- 2012 - Emotion Theatre Plays in Los Angeles after Dr. Deng’s and Dr. Raia’s move to UCLA.
- 2013 - RelationalAct Workshops at UCLA (made possible by generous support from UCLA Health System CEO and President Dr. David Fenberg and UCLA Nursing Director Heidi Crooks) by Dr. Raia, Dr. Deng, John Henry Davis and Meredith Flynn (new RMF-Board Member).
- 2014 - Publication of the book: Raia and Deng. Relational Medicine. Personalizing Modern Healthcare. The Practice of High-Tech Medicine as a RelationalAct. World Scientific Publishing/Imperial College Press 2014.